Do you ever wonder how Japanese women have that smooth, fair, and flawless skin? The Japanese have their own goal to achieve mochi-hada (mochi skin), which is their desire to have healthy, flawless plump skin, just like the much loved Japanese dessert, mochi! They also focus more on high-quality ingredients that are scientifically proven while maintaining the traditional and cultural heritage. This is to ensure the product's provides long-lasting benefits. One of the effective ingredients to lighten the skin is Kojic Acid!
What is Kojic Acid? Why is it widely used in Japanese skincare ingredients?
Originally, Kojic Acid was produced from different types of fungus such as Aspergillus. It was also a byproduct result of the fermentation process. Even though it had traditionally made by Japanese ancestors, there has been tons of research to produce it chemically in the lab by using the latest technologies.
How does Kojic Acid work on skin?
Unlike other acids that are used to exfoliate the skin, Kojic Acid, on the other hand, works to inhibit Tyrosinase activity which is the enzyme responsible for melanin production. The outcome of low melanin production is it lightens the skin and resolves skin problems like acne scars and dull skin. Is it safe to use on the skin? Yes! Kojic Acid is not a toxic skincare ingredient and is safe to use for every skin type.
The benefits of Kojic Acid
Usually, you can find Kojic Acid in different types of skincare like moisturizers, serum, or even a cleanser. Including Kojic Acid in your skincare routine can help you with your skin concern and maintain skin brightness. Here are a few benefits of Kojic Acid to your skin:
1. Fade acne scars and pigmentation: Kojic Acid fades the appearance of acne scars and pigmentation by inhibiting the Tyrosinase activity. It may not improve the deep scars entirely, but it does lighten the acne scar, making it less noticeable.
2. Anti-aging properties: Products containing Kojic Acid may treat signs of aging by reducing age spots, sun damage and making the skin looks younger!
3. Lighten dull skin: If you are dealing with dull skin, use Kojic Acid to lighten your skin tone and to eliminate the dullness.
4. Antifungal benefits: Kojic Acid also acts as antifungal and antibacterial properties to lower the chance of getting skin infections.
5. Antibacterial properties: With the antibacterial benefits, Kojic Acid may lower the chance from your skin getting common types of bacterial skin infections.
Searching for a moisturizer containing Kojic Acid? NIHON Brightening Face Creme is the answer!
Besides Kojic Acid, NIHON Brightening Face Creme also contains other beneficial ingredients for skin like Retinol, Arbutin, Kojic Acid, Pearl Powder, Squalane, Jojoba Oil, and many more! It does not just non-comedogenic but also helps to brighten the skin, reduce acne and acne scars. Let's get your healthy and flawless skin now!